By Laura Martinez
• 0 Comments
The skin-perfecting trend that the beauty industry is buzzing over. Multi-masking it’s become everyone’s favorite skincare habit and is here to stay.
What is multi-masking?
Pretty simple. It’s applying multiple face masques to unique areas of your face to treat different skin concerns. That, and it’s the most convenient and efficient way to get a professional-like facial at home.
Who needs it?
Everyone! When someone asks you to describe your skin type, you probably list more than one issue. That’s because not all areas of your face are equal. Our skin varies continuously, depending on the weather, stress, lifestyle habits or environmental factors. Multi-masking ensures that your skin is getting the treatment it needs, where it needs it.
How do you multi-mask?
The first step is understanding what each area of your face needs. Oily forehead, dry cheeks and enlarged pores on the nose? Once you’ve determined your skin’s different concerns, you’re ready to start with your multi-masking experience.
To tackle oiliness, enlarged pores, skin discoloration or breakouts- use a Clarifying Mask
- Where? Where you have these concerns. For most people, it’s the T-zone. Usually, the chin, nose, and forehead are more prone to get oily and show breakouts, discoloration, black, and whiteheads. Tackle these unwanted concerns with a purifying and clarifying masque that will help clear your overall complexion.
- We recommend BioClarity Clarifying Masque. Our complexion-perfecting superfood masque instantly tautens and tightens skin without over-drying it.
- How does it help? This transformative pore purifier smooths and soothes skin so you can radiate beauty with a clear complexion and a refreshed, tighter, toned appearance.
- Refining Witch Hazel evens skin tone and texture while making pores petite.
- Antioxidant Floralux (from chlorophyll) rejuvenates and alleviates redness.
- Clarifying Tea Tree helps restore complexion.
- Cooling Aloe soothes and hydrates skin.
It's Pore Perfection
A complexion perfecting superfood masque that instantly tautens and tightens skin without over-drying it, while making pores petite.Get Refreshed
To tackle dryness and dull skin – use a Hydrating Mask
- Where: Cheeks. Cheeks can generally get dry and dull, so you’ll need a masque that will brighten your skin and bring out its natural radiance.
- We recommend BioClarity Hydrating Masque. A revitalizing skin soak packed with lush botanicals, refreshing nutrients and detoxifying clays for a smooth, glowy face.
- How does it help? Our peel or wash-off masque will draw out impurities while plumping cells with comforting moisture.
- Detoxifying Clays delicately exfoliate skin.
- Lush Coconut hydrates skin.
- Refreshing citruses brighten dull skin.
- Calming Rose and Chamomile quiet inflammation.
Brighten & Restore Your Glow!
A peel or wash-off masque packed with lush botanicals, refreshing nutrients, and detoxifying clays for a smooth, glowy face.Find Your Glow
Step by Step: Multi-masking with BioClarity Masques
Step 1: Prep
Want to get the full benefits of the masques? Of course you do! That’s why it’s crucial to properly wash your face with a gentle cleanser to remove dirt, oil or makeup. Rinse thoroughly and pat the skin dry.
We recommend BioClarity Cleanse. An effective, yet gentle foaming facial cleanser packed with soothing botanicals.
Tip: You can wash your face while you take a shower. The warm water and steam will help open up your pores, which will allow the masque to penetrate the skin better.
Step 2: Apply
After you have washed your face:
- Apply a thin layer of BioClarity Clarifying Masque to discolored, blemish-prone or oily areas of your face.
- Proceed to evenly apply BioClarity Hydrating Masque to those areas of your face that are dull and craving hydration, working from one side to the other. Avoid contact with your eyebrows and hairline area.
Leave on both masques for 20-30 minutes until both are fully dry.
Bonus: During multi-masking, it may happen that each masque will need to stay on the skin for a different amount of time, making the removal an annoying process. BioClarity masques were created to make your life easy, as both can be applied and removed at the same time. Leave them on for 20-30 minutes and be ready to radiate beauty.
Step 3: Remove and Rinse-off
- Start by removing BioClarity Hydrating Masque by gently peeling it off from the edges. If preferred, you can also wash the masque off with warm water, along with BioClarity Clarifying Masque.
- Once your face is masque-free, rinse it again with warm water and pat skin dry.
If desired, you can finish off by adding some extra layers of hydration.
We recommend BioClarity Hydrate-Skin Smoothie. Our lightweight, breathable moisturizer is packed with nourishing and soothing botanicals.
Quench Thirsty Skin
A skin smoothie for your face. This lightweight, breathable moisturizer is packed with botanicals and good-for-you ingredients.Indulge Your Skin
Benefits of multi-masking
- It works fast! Facial in a Flash.
That’s right! The beauty of this practice is that it drives results almost instantly, so you will feel the refreshing and energizing boost immediately after application.
- One treatment process, multiple benefits.
Once you have identified what treatment each area of your face needs, you will be able to tackle all of your skin concerns in one go.
- Customized for you!
You can customize each masque application and respond to your skin needs as they change over time.
- Spa-like experience at home.
A one-time visit to a Spa will cost you around $80-150! That’s a bit expensive, especially considering that our skin needs continuous care. Multi-masking is the way to go if you are seeking to treat your skin to your very own spa-like experience while keeping a healthy wallet, and saving some money for your next weekend trip.
Tip: Get creative and perfect your multi-masking experience by soaking your troubles away in a warm, bubbly bath. Toss some bath-salts and play relaxing music in the background…close your eyes and enjoy.