Multi-Masking: What Is It and How to Do It
It's the skin-perfecting trend that the beauty industry is buzzing over. Multi-masking has become everyone’s favorite skincare habit and it's here to stay.
What is Multi-Masking?
Pretty simple. It’s applying multiple face masks to different areas of your face to treat different skin concerns. That, and it’s the most convenient and efficient way to get a professional-like facial at home.
Who Should Multi-Mask?
Everyone! When someone asks you to describe your skin type or skin concerns, you probably list more than one issue. That’s because not all areas of your face have the same needs. Our skin varies continuously, depending on the weather, stress, lifestyle habits or environmental factors. Multi-masking ensures that your skin is getting the treatment it needs, where it needs it.
How Do You Multi-Mask?
The first step is understanding what each area of your face needs. Maybe you have an oily forehead, dry cheeks and enlarged pores on the nose. Once you’ve determined your skin’s different concerns, you’re ready to start with your multi-masking experience.
To tackle oiliness, enlarged pores, skin discoloration or breakouts, use a clarifying masque.
- Where? Apply this masque wherever you have these concerns. For most people, it’s the T-zone. Usually, the chin, nose, and forehead are more prone to oiliness, breakouts, discoloration, blackheads, and whiteheads. Tackle these unwanted concerns with a purifying and clarifying masque that will help clear your overall complexion.
- We recommend our Pore Purifier Clarifying Masque. Our complexion-perfecting superfood masque instantly tautens and tightens skin without over-drying it.
- How does it help? This transformative pore purifier smooths and soothes skin so you can radiate beauty with a clear complexion and a refreshed, tighter, toned appearance.
- Refining Witch Hazel evens skin tone and texture while reducing the appearance of pore size.
- Antioxidant Floralux (from chlorophyll) helps visibly reduce redness and hyperpigmentation.
- Clarifying Tea Tree helps fight blemishes and restore a healthy complexion.
- Cooling Aloe soothes and hydrates skin.
It's Pore Perfection
A complexion perfecting superfood masque that instantly tautens and tightens skin without over-drying it, while making pores petite.Get Refreshed
To tackle dryness and dull skin, use a hydrating masque.
- Where: Any area where your skin is feeling dry or dehydrated. Areas like the cheeks or chin can get dry during the colder months, so you’ll need a masque that will help revive and hydrate your skin to bring out its natural radiance.
- We recommend our Glow Getter Hydrating Masque. It's a revitalizing skin soak packed with lush botanicals, refreshing nutrients and detoxifying clays for a smooth, glowy face.
- How does it help? This peel-off or wash-off masque will draw out impurities while plumping cells with comforting moisture.
- Detoxifying Kaolin and Bentonite Clays delicately exfoliate skin.
- Lush Coconut hydrates skin.
- Refreshing Citrus brighten dull skin.
- Calming Rose and Chamomile quiet inflammation.
Restore Your Glow!
Give your skin a pick-me-up with this blend of nourishing and hydrating botanicals, leaving you like you just had a facial.Find Your Glow
To tackle uneven skin tone and texture, use an exfoliating and brightening masque.
- Where: Apply this masque wherever your skin needs some help with discoloration, roughness, or dullness.
- We recommend our Brighten Up, Sunshine Exfoliating and Brightening Masque.
- How does it help? This masque does it all: it exfoliates, brightens, and moisturizes your skin so you can glow like a ray of sunshine.
- Vitamin C clarifies and brightens skin to promote an even skin tone.
- Pineapple contains vitamin C and beta-carotene, which are antioxidants that help improve skin texture and fight skin damage.
- Fine Coconut Shell Granules help exfoliate the skin by sloughing off dead skin cells.
- Hyaluronic Acid helps boost skin's moisture levels to help skin appear more dewy, hydrated, and plump.
- Avocado softens and hydrates skin, while also protecting against free radical damage.
- Apple moisturizes skin to leave it smooth and soft.
Detox your face from daily stressors and reveal a brighter, smoother, glowy complexion.Brighten Up
Multi-Masking: Step by Step
Step 1: Prep
Want to get the full benefits of the masques? Of course you do! That’s why it’s crucial to properly wash your face with a gentle cleanser to remove dirt, oil or makeup prior to application. After massaging the cleanser on your skin, rinse thoroughly and pat dry with a clean towel.
We recommend Cleanse. It's an effective, yet gentle foaming facial cleanser packed with cooling cucumber, calming chamomile, and detoxifying green tea.
Step 2: Apply
After you've washed your face:
- Apply a thin layer of the Pore Purifier Clarifying Masque to discolored, blemish-prone or oily areas of your face.
- Proceed to evenly apply the Glow Getter Hydrating Masque to any areas of your face that are dry and craving hydration, working from one side to the other. Be sure to avoid contact with your eyebrows and hairline area.
- Apply our Brighten Up, Sunshine Exfoliating and Brightening Masque to any dull, rough areas that need some exfoliation or brightening.
Leave the masques on for 20-30 minutes.
Step 3: Rinse
- Once time is up, rinse off the masques with lukewarm water. Use gentle, circular motions, being careful not to rub too harshly or pull on the skin. When rinsing off Brighten Up, Sunshine, you should feel the fine coconut shell granules lightly exfoliating your skin.
- Once your face is masque-free, pat it dry with a clean towel and follow with the rest of your skincare routine.
Make sure you moisturize your skin to help restore hydration and keep your skin soft and smooth.We recommend our Hydrate Skin Smoothie, which is a lightweight, breathable moisturizer packed with nourishing and soothing botanicals, making it perfect for oily to normal skin. As for frequency, how often should you use a face masque? Be sure to use our clay masques only up to twice weekly since using them too often can dry out the skin and cause flakiness.
Quench Thirsty Skin
A skin smoothie for your face. This lightweight, breathable moisturizer is packed with botanicals and good-for-you ingredients.Indulge Your Skin
Benefits of Multi-Masking
- It works fast!
Using three masques at once is like giving yourself a facial in a flash. The beauty of this practice is that it drives results almost instantly, so you will feel the refreshing and energizing boost immediately after application.
- One treatment process, multiple benefits.
Once you have identified what treatment each area of your face needs, you will be able to tackle all of your skin concerns in one go.
- Customized for you!
You can customize each masque application and respond to your skin needs as they change over time.
- Spa-like experience at home.
A one-time visit to a spa will cost you around $80-150! That’s a bit expensive, especially considering that our skin needs continuous care. Multi-masking is the way to go if you want to treat your skin without hurting your wallet.
Tip: Turn it into a self-care sesh! Get creative and perfect your multi-masking experience by soaking your troubles away in a warm, bubble bath. Or read your favorite book as the masques work their magic.
where can I buy bioclarity creme
where can I buy bioclarity creme