Last Updated: February 3, 2023
How does the Website Work?
You can make general use of the Website without providing any PII to Bio Clarity. However, you will need to provide us or third parties with certain of your PII in order to use certain of the Website’s functionality, such as purchasing any of the products and/or services appearing on the Website or otherwise becoming a Registrant.
What type of PII does Bio Clarity collect from you and how do we use it?
You need to provide us with certain PII in order to use certain interactive functionality of the Website, such as making purchases or sending us certain reviews. The information we will request may include without limitation your name, address, phone number and email address.
Bio Clarity may provide your PII to individuals or entities who work on our behalf or with us. These individuals or entities may use your PII to help fulfill your requests and to help us communicate with you about different products, services or resources appearing on the Website. For example, we may transfer information collected at registration, including your PII, to service providers and other third parties who assist us in processing your purchase of a Product, or otherwise to fulfill requests made by you. We also may transfer or permit the transfer of certain of your PII or other information to service providers and other third parties who assist us in operating the Website. Bio Clarity may also use and disclose PII to improve and enhance your experience on the Website and for other purposes.
Please also note that when you provide your phone number to us with an opt-in consent (at registration or otherwise), we may contact you for advertising, marketing, reminders and other commercial purposes, including without limitation by means of telephone calls or text messages using any automatic telephone dialing system(s), artificial voice(s), pre-recorded call(s), and/or pre-recorded voice(s) (in each case to your mobile, home and/or office phone numbers), email blasts and otherwise by postal mail, regardless of whether your telephone number is on any state or national do not call list. You may opt out at any time by email (with the word “Removal” in the email subject line) to email@example.com or by writing to us at Bio Clarity LLC, 15 Holt Drive, Stony Point, NY 10980. Please note that any opt out request must include your telephone number(s). You expressly consent to receiving calls and SMS and/or MMS messages (including text messages) from us, our affiliates, marketing partners and agents to any telephone numbers that you have provided or may provide in the future (including any cellular telephone numbers). Your cellular or mobile telephone provider will charge you according to the type of plan you carry.
Text Messaging Program
If you sign up for our text messaging program, cookies may be used to personalize your experience (e.g. send you personalized text messages such as shopping cart reminders).
Under what other circumstances may we release PII?
Do I have the ability not to be identified by Bio Clarity?
How do we store information?
Bio Clarity takes steps consistent with commercially reasonable industry standards to secure PII collected from you from loss, misuse, unauthorized access and destruction while under our control. However, please note that despite our efforts to protect information provided to us, we cannot guarantee that such information (including your PII) will not be lost, disclosed or accessed by accidental circumstances or by the unauthorized acts of others.
Does Bio Clarity provide links to other websites?
What are our policies regarding children?
The Website is intended for general use by persons who are above the age of thirteen (13). The Website is not targeted to anyone under thirteen (13) years of age. Bio Clarity does not knowingly collect PII from anyone under thirteen (13) years of age. If we learn that we have unwittingly collected PII from anyone under thirteen (13) years of age, we will promptly delete such information. We endeavor to fully comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), and ask that you please contact us immediately in writing if you have any concerns or questions about our COPPA compliance efforts.
What are Your California Privacy Rights?
If you are a California resident, you may ask us to refrain from sharing your PII with certain third parties for marketing purposes. Please express your preference to us by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Bio Clarity LLC, 15 Holt Drive, Stony Point, NY 10980.
Do we respond to Do Not Track Signals?
The Website does not have the capability to respond to “Do Not Track” signals received from various web browsers.
Do we have a mechanism to address the removal of PII and complaints about the handling of information that we collect?
If you wish to remove PII that you have submitted to Bio Clarity, please send us an email requesting such removal (with the word “Removal” in the email subject line) to email@example.com. If you have questions or concerns about any of our information collection or handling practices, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at Bio Clarity LLC, 15 Holt Drive, Stony Point, NY 10980.
This policy applies to information that we collect:
- On our Website;
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and our Website;
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from our Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and our Website; and
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information:
- We may collect offline (including through telephonic customer service interactions) or through any other means, including on any other website we may operate, or that may be operated by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Collected by any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to, be accessible from, or on our Website.
Children’s Privacy. Our Website is not intended for persons under the age of 13. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on our Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Website or on or through any of its features, register on our Website, make any purchases through our Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of our Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It. We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card information or any other identifier by which you may be identified or contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- that is about you but that does not individually identify you, and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and your usage details.
All personally identifiable information is captured and stored across connections that we believe to be secure (secured socket layer, or “SSL”).
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website, such as your email address and other contact details. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on our Website.
You also may provide information to be published, displayed or otherwise posted (“posted”) on public areas of our Website, or transmitted to other users of our Website or third parties, which we refer to as “User Contributions.” Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users of our Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions, so we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
When you purchase something from our store, as part of the buying and selling process, we collect the personal information you give us such as your name, address and email address.
When you browse our store, we also automatically receive your computer’s internet protocol (IP) address in order to provide us with information that helps us learn about your browser and operating system.
Email marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send you emails about our store, new products and other updates.
Text marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include Checkout Reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the Checkout Reminders messaging system.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on our Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
For information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on our Website and how we respond to web browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking, please send us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information. We may maintain your personal information as provided, or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects, or Flash cookies, to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons, Pixel Tags. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (which may also be referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit us to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail, and for obtaining other related website statistics, such as determining the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity.
- Unique Device Identifiers. This may include your computer hardware model, you IP address, other unique device identifiers, your operating system version, and settings of the device you use to access our Website.
- Third party Analytics Services. We may use third parties to provide us with Website analytics services, which allow us to better understand how our Website is used.
- Third party Testing and Content Creation Tools. We may use third parties to provide tools for website content creation, website features, and testing which allow us to provide better website experiences.
We do not collect personally identifiable information automatically, but we may link such information to automatically collected information about you that we collect from other sources or that you provide to us.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information. We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you
- To send you email or text communications (for example, if you provide your email address to us but don’t complete a purchase of one of our products)
- Text Marketing (if applicable): With your permission, we may send text messages about our store, new products, and other updates. Updates include checkout reminders. Webhooks will be used to trigger the checkout reminders messaging system.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you purchase or request from us
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it
- To provide you with notices about your account or subscription service, including expiration and renewal notices
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information
- For any other purpose with your consent
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please us send an email stating your request to email@example.com. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information. We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of our company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information we hold about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the “e-mail a friend” feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request, or to investigate suspected harassment, physical threats, fraud or other violations of any law, rule or regulation, or our policies.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information. We do our best to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (if any) or by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org . You can also opt-out by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile.
- Promotional Offers from Us. If you do not wish for us to use your email address/contact information to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data (if any) or at any other time by logging into the Website and adjusting your user preferences in your account profile by checking or unchecking the relevant boxes, or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to us as a result of a product (or subscription) purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For this opt-out to function, you must have your browser set to accept browser cookies.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information. You can review and change your personal information by logging into our Website and visiting your account profile page. You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Data Security. We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of our Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our Website.