- Best Selling
- Price Low
- Price High
- Top Rated
What do I need for body skincare?
Like the skin on your face, your body benefits from being cleansed, exfoliated, moisturized, and protected from the sun.
1. Cleanse: Wash away dirt, oil, and bacteria using a gentle soap or body wash. Avoid showering with hot water as this can strip the skin of its natural oils and cause dryness.
2. Exfoliate: Remove dead skin cells that may be causing clogged pores and breakouts.
3. Moisturize: Apply a hydrating skincare product to prevent dryness and keep your skin soft, smooth, and supple.
4. Protect: Apply sunscreen daily to protect your skin against UV rays, blue light, environmental stressors, and free radicals.
How do I get rid of body acne?
Similar to facial acne, body acne has a variety of causes including hormones, genetics, exercise habits, and hygiene. Here are a few helpful tips on how to fight body acne:
- Always wash up right after a workout and wear loose-fitting clothing made with breathable fabrics to avoid trapping sweat, dirt, and bacteria on your skin.
- Add an exfoliator to your shower routine to get rid of dead skin cells and keep pores clear.
- Try using an acne treatment gel to spot treat pesky blemishes that may pop up on areas like your back, shoulders, and chest.
- Reevaluate your shampoo and conditioner as these may contain comedogenic ingredients that clog your pores as they run down your body in the shower.
Can I use these body products on my face?
Certain body products should not be used on the face because facial skin is much more sensitive than your body skin. We do not recommend using Sudsy for the face; instead, use a gentle face wash like Cleanse.
For your face, we generally recommend only using products specifically designed for facial skin, but SunShady can be used for both your face and body.
Why should I wear sunscreen?
Ultraviolet (UV) radiation is a type of radiation emitted from the sun that has negative effects on skin health. Unprotected UV exposure can cause photoaging, fine lines and wrinkles, age spots, sunburns, and skin cancer like squamous cell carcinoma or melanoma. By wearing sunscreen, you help prevent discoloration and dark spots, promote an even skin tone, and keep the skin on your face and body healthy overall.
Remember that sun protection isn’t just a summertime essential, it’s a year-round responsibility. On cloudy days, your skin is still vulnerable. Up to 80% of UV radiation reaches the earth even when the sun isn’t visible so layer on the sunscreen every single day!
How much sunscreen should I use?
For your body, start with a nickel-sized amount of SunShady and apply to any exposed areas. Use more as needed. Reapply every two hours or after 40 minutes of sweating or water activity.
Is bioClarity Clean?
We formulate our products with the smarts of science and the power of plants. Our approach to clean formulation is simple: We look to research and clinical studies as well as other reputable standards in the beauty industry to determine which ingredients we do and don’t include in our products. We do not formulate with ingredients that have been clinically shown to be toxic. Our products are paraben-free, sulfate-free, phthalate-free, gluten-free, fragrance-free, and cruelty-free.