Age Defy (Anti-Aging) Age Defy (Anti-Aging)
- Best Selling
- Price Low
- Price High
- Top Rated
What causes signs of premature aging?
When it comes to skin, signs of aging include dark spots, hyperpigmentation, fine lines and wrinkles, and sagging. Everyone will develop signs of aging as they get older, but there are a few things that cause them to appear earlier in life. Some of these causes are:
- Unprotected UV exposure
- Poor sleeping habits
- Environmental factors like pollution
How can I stop my face from aging?
Aging is a fact of life. As we get older, our cell turnover rate and collagen production slows, and the skin’s ability to retain moisture weakens. This results in visible lines and sagging, especially in areas around the forehead, eyes, and mouth. Unfortunately, there’s no way to stop your skin from aging but you can incorporate certain skincare products and lifestyle habits to help slow the aging process.
How do I reduce fine lines and wrinkles?
Some people seek professional treatments and cosmetic procedures to reduce signs of aging, but they aren’t the only solution. You can help visibly reduce signs of aging by following these tips:
- Keep your skin hydrated by using a moisturizer twice daily.
- Protect your skin from sun damage. Sunscreen is one of the best safeguards against premature aging and skin cancer so always wear sunscreen with SPF 30 to prevent discoloration, promote an even skin tone, and keep the skin on your face and body healthy overall.
- Avoid tanning beds, which expose your skin to harmful UV rays. Stick to self-tanning products instead.
- Reduce your alcohol intake. Too much alcohol can dehydrate skin and cause dryness, increasing your likelihood of developing fine lines and wrinkles.
What goes into an anti-aging skincare routine?
An anti-aging skincare routine looks fairly similar to any other skincare routine in that it’s typically comprised of the same steps: cleanser, toner, face masks, treatments, serums, eye cream or gel, moisturizer, and sunscreen. To build an anti-aging skincare routine, simply look for products formulated with ingredients to help protect against free radicals, boost collagen production, and exfoliate the skin. Popular anti-aging ingredients include niacinamide, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, vitamin C, and retinol.
Is mineral sunscreen better than chemical sunscreen?
Sunscreen isn’t just a summertime essential, it’s a year-round skincare staple. When it comes to mineral sunscreen vs. chemical sunscreen, they differ in two main ways: ingredients and the effects of those ingredients.
- Contains active ingredients (i.e. oxybenzone and octinoxate) that penetrate and absorb into the skin, and protect the skin through a chemical reaction
- These ingredients have toxicity concerns and have been linked to hormone disruption
- Shown to have major toxic effects on marine life, especially coral reefs
- Contains physical agents, like zinc oxide and titanium oxide, that sit on top of skin rather than penetrating or absorbing into it, and are recognized as safe and effective
- Forms a physical barrier that ultimately blocks UV rays from hitting the skin at all
- Less likely to cause irritation
Does Floralux® have anti-aging benefits?
Yes! Floralux® is our exclusive ingredient made from chlorophyll, copper, and antioxidants that’s designed to visibly reduce redness and hyperpigmentation, even skin tone and texture, battle bad bacteria, and fight signs of aging. Floralux® can be found in many of our products and is what gives them their green color. This color is naturally-derived from plants -- no synthetic colors here!