Calming & Soothing Skin Care Products Calming & Soothing Skin Care Products
- Best Selling
- Price Low
- Price High
- Top Rated
What causes facial redness?
Facial redness is often associated with sensitive skin, and often comes with some mild discomfort, inflammation, or irritation. There are a variety of causes of facial redness, including allergic reactions to products, rosacea, and skin conditions like psoriasis and atopic dermatitis.
Thankfully, there are soothing, calming skincare products available that can help reduce redness. For acne-related redness, try our signature Restore gel, an antioxidant powerhouse that nourishes skin while evening skin tone and texture. For redness that isn’t acne-related, we recommend our Zen Ultracalming Serum, which helps soothe angry, blotchy skin.
How do I soothe and calm irritated skin?
Sensitive and redness-prone skin is easily aggravated by harsh products and external factors. On top of that, there are certain lifestyle habits that can make your skin extra sensitive without you even knowing it. Here are a few tips to soothe and calm skin:
- Stick to fragrance-free products. Fragrance is sensitizing and can cause irritation and negative reactions.
- Avoid hot water. When washing your face, use a calming face wash and use lukewarm water since water that’s too hot can strip the skin of its natural oils. Remember to follow up with a gentle vegan moisturizer!
- Cut back on exfoliation. If you want to exfoliate, be cautious and do so only once a week as over-exfoliating can damage the skin barrier and cause irritation and breakouts. Stick to chemical exfoliants instead of physical exfoliants, which tend to be harsher on the skin.
What are calming skincare ingredients?
Here are a few calming ingredients to keep an eye out for:
- Licorice root is often found in skin-soothing products because it possesses anti-aging, and anti-inflammatory properties and is known to help visibly reduce discoloration.
- Niacinamide, also known as vitamin B3, also has anti-inflammatory properties and helps improve skin elasticity and strengthen the skin barrier.
- Floralux® is our exclusive ingredient made from a blend of chlorophyll, copper, and antioxidants. It’s designed to reduce the appearance of redness and hyperpigmentation, even skin tone and texture, battle bad bacteria, and fight signs of aging.
- Chamomile can help soothe and calm the skin by fighting inflammation.
Which products are good for sensitive skin?
We’ve had plenty of customers with sensitive skin see positive results while using our calming skincare products but it’s important to keep in mind that everyone’s skin is different. Everyone has different triggers for reactions so we recommend patch testing any new product before adding it to your routine, especially if you have sensitive skin.
How do I know which products are best for me?
When choosing skincare products, it’s essential to only use products that are suited for your skin type and skin needs. To help guide you, each product page contains detailed information regarding the product’s benefits and ingredients as well as the skin type and concerns it’s designed for.
We know it can be a bit hard to find the right products for you so if you need additional help, take our Skin Quiz and be matched up with products in 3 minutes!
Can I use these products if I have rosacea?
Our products are safe to use if you do have rosacea. We have had customers with rosacea see positive results in their skin while using our soothing skincare products, although they aren’t specifically formulated to treat rosacea.